IT Business Analyst
Are you someone that loves the action of a startup but the job security that you get when working with a 10-year-old company? Would you enjoy helping our team to work smarter and not harder by infusing technology into our processes? Do you like working in an environment where people genuinely like each other and look forward celebrating key wins and successes? Do you long for a high growth, decisive, fast-decision-making culture?
We’re looking for a Business Analyst with experience in documenting requirements for website and mobile applications. The Business Analyst must have knowledge in all stages of requirements gathering; use case modeling, domain model diagrams, wireframing and story boarding. You’ll be working alongside the Project Manager and other engineers and developers, collaborating on the various projects.
Plan, conduct, and direct the business problem analysis to be solved with IT systems.
Lead Joint Application Design Sessions which are used to gather requirements from stakeholders.
Work with the Project Manager to manage project scope, schedules, and expectations.
Coordinate with Development and Software QA resources. Assist with software QA when needed.
Decompose high-level business and user requirements into well-written User Stories
What's great in the job?
- Excellent writing skills and communication skills.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Knowledge of the accepted practices of the Business Analysis profession.
- Extensive experience with wireframes and mockups
- Extensive experience with UML modeling including context diagrams and Use Case modeling (identifying and describing use cases, actors, etc.), domain model diagrams (entity-relationship modeling) and activity diagrams.
- Knowledge of relational database design structure concepts and IT systems architecture patterns (e.g. tiers of an IT system, Services Oriented Architecture patterns, etc.).
- Familiarity with both Waterfall methodologies and Agile principles
- Familiarity with User Experience concepts such as design for usability and design thinking
- Some project management experience.
- 3 years of professional business analysis experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required (business or technical degrees are preferred).
- Salesforce integration experience a plus